Not sure when to contact a copyright or trademark lawyer? Contact a trademark and copyright attorney when you:
- want to know if a new mark (brand, logo, tagline, etc.) is available
- want to adopt a new mark that you expect to be in use for a while (several years) and would be upset to see a competitor use something identical or similar to
- plan to engage in a relationship with a third party that involves use of your or the other party’s trademark and copyright
- find yourself in a trademark or copyright ownership or breach of contract dispute or if you are accused of infringement or believe someone else to be infringing on your intellectual property rights
- want to ensure that your company is protecting its valuable intangible assets
- begin to prepare for a financing or merger/acquisition event.